Zambia National Building Society is a provider of sustainable and affordable mortgage financing, property Management and banking services.
The Society seeks to recruit a professional, skilled, experienced, motivated and energetic individual to be part of a dynamic team to fill the position of MANAGER PROCUREMENT & SUPPLIES, to be based at Head Office, Lusaka.
Statement of Main Duties
- To plan and manage all procurement and supply functions of the Society in accordance with the Public Procurement Act of 2008 and the Public Procurement Regulations of 2011, procuring goods, works and services with efficiency, economy, transparency and integrity, thereby supporting smooth and efficient operations and service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To prepare and submit ad hoc and periodic procurement and supplies reports to theProcurement Committee, the Board and management information for decision makingpurposes.
- To coordinate periodic physical stock takes, valuations of the account and production of the stock count report, and ensures the accuracy of all the stock control accounts in the general ledger in support of the stock figures being reported.
- To prepare procurement committee papers.
- To organize in consultation with the chairperson Procurement Committee Meetings and acts as secretary/records proceedings and decisions reached to guide procurement of goods and services for the Society.
- To prepare contracts for selected suppliers, contractors and consultants, obtains necessary approvals and oversees contracts management by the designated contracts manager
- To prepare any required contract variations or change order and obtains all required approvals before contracts are finalized.
- To ensure that all contract management documents are properly kept and archived as required.
- To make follow ups with suppliers to ensure compliance to specifications and delivery deadlines as to ensure timely receipt of specified goods and services.
- To prepare solicitation documents, bid notices, short lists for formal tenders and manages tender closing and opening
- To manage the bidding process, including pre bid meetings, clarifications, receipt and opening of bids.
- To manage the evaluation of bids and any post qualification or negotiations.
- To look for new sources of supply and negotiates with suppliers better terms on prices, credit terms and discounts to ensure cost saving.
- To ensure that at least three quotations are sourced from selected suppliers, evaluatedthe preferred suppliers recommended to the Managing Director, after taking into account the price, quality, delivery period and point of delivery.
- To send inquiries to suppliers as per the list of suppliers by the procurement committee.
- To ensure that an up-to-date list of suppliers and contractors is maintained in conformity with Society procedures and guidelines.
- To ensure that purchase orders are raised to selected suppliers and to make follow ups with suppliers to collect goods or ensure timely delivery of the same.
- To liaise with user departments in verifying specifications and sources of supply to ensure timely and compliant procurements.
- To receive and scrutinize purchase requisitions and to ensure correctness of specifications as approved by authorized signatories.
- To prepare the annual procurement plan, and recommend appropriate methods of procurement and implement procurement activities thereto.
- To supervise staff within the procurement and supplies Department.
- To undertake training and other Managerial activities to develop and retain staff within the department.
- To carry out responsibilities as delegated by the Managing Director
Qualifications and Experience
Grade Twelve (12) certificate with minimum credit in English and Mathematics
Minimum First Degree with post graduate Diploma in Purchasing & Supply
5 years relevant managerial experience preferably in a financial sector.
Membership to both the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supplies and Zambia Institute ofPurchasing & Supply a must.
Required Competencies and Personal Attributes
Full understanding and working knowledge of the Public Procurement Authority Act of 2008 and the Public Procurement Regulations of 2011.
Good negotiation skills
Contract management skills
Good communication skills
High integrity and confidentiality
Appropriately qualified and interested candidates meeting the above credentials must submit application letters enclosing a detailed curriculum vitae (CV), traceable referees and copies of academic/professional qualifications to the undersigned by 12th March 2014, 17:00 hours
Director Human Resources & Administration
Zambia National Building Society
Century House, 2nd Floor, Cairo Road
P O Box 30420
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.