Tracking Code 5673 Job Description
Candidates must live in and have legal authority to work in Zambia. International relocation and work permits will not be provided.
PATH is an international nonprofit organization that transforms global health through innovation. We take an entrepreneurial approach to developing and delivering high-impact, low-cost solutions, from lifesaving vaccines to collaborative programs with communities. Through our work in more than 70 countries, PATH and our partners empower people to achieve their full potential. PATH has been working in Zambia to support malaria, nutrition and HIV/AIDS programming working closely with the Zambia Ministry of Health (MoH) and other national partners.
PATH is seeking a Country Manager to lead PATH's office in Zambia. The Country Manager will have primary responsibility for ensuring high quality administrative and financial management of all of PATH's work in Zambia, as well as being responsible for facilitating the smooth running of the office and functioning of project teams. The successful candidate will also be expected to lead strategic interactions with PATH's Headquarters in the United States and Europe, in-country partners, and provide mentoring to the project teams. The Country Manager will report to PATH's Senior Program Director of International Programs in Seattle. Duties and responsibilities:
- Identify opportunities for development and expansion of PATH programs, working in close collaboration with PATH headquarters and specific program teams.
- Serve as liaison between the PATH office in Zambia and PATH headquarters and regional entities to facilitate optimal functioning of projects being implemented in Zambia.
- Nurture office cohesiveness and a healthy office culture that encourages initiative, innovations, and collaboration, consistent with PATH's mission, values and principles.
- Ensure that financial and administrative management of the office and projects is in compliance with PATH and donor policies and procedures, and Zambian administrative and financial procedures and relevant laws.
- Provide guidance to staff on issues related to personnel policies, and ensure compliance with PATH HR policies.
- Establish, manage and maintain close working relationships with relevant offices of the Government and represent PATH with government counterparts and in-country donors and development partners;
- Represent PATH programs to relevant ministries, international agencies, collaborators, other NGOs, and the donor community in Zambia.
- Support the development of annual budgets and monitor expenditures;
- Act as team leader for the Zambia office administrative team and coordinate all finance, administrative, and human resources functions within the office;
- Coordinate the development of new programming.
- Knowledge of public health and health systems issues (particularly related to malaria, reproductive health, maternal child health, non-communicable diseases and HIV/AIDS) in Zambia.
- Demonstrated project management and team management skills.
- Proven interpersonal, mentoring, and team building skills.
- Skilled at handling complex relationships.
- Demonstrated creativity, initiative, and ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated report writing and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to represent PATH effectively with government and other partners in Zambia.
- Ability to work across cultures and time zones.
- Monitoring and evaluation training would be an asset.
- Excellent written and spoken English Language skills.
Advanced degree in business, management, public health or related field plus a minimum of ten years of relevant work experience; or 12 years of NGO management experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Extensive experience in program management, coordination, and development in health. Experience managing complex partnerships and diverse professional teams. Experience managing US government funding or other major donor funding an advantage. Experience working effectively with government counterparts at central and local levels. perience in program representation and program development. Multi-country experience highly desirable.Job Location Lusaka, , Zambia Position Type Full-Time/Regular