Futures Group, the global consulting firm, helps to protect and promote people's well-being around the world. For 40 years, Futures Group has created lasting solutions to some of the most pressing public health challenges facing nations. We predict future health and development trends, uncover barriers to well-being, and forge on-the-ground partnerships to ensure lasting change.
The IT Manager is responsible to lead the development of the national Orphans and Vulnerable Children management information system (OVC MIS). This individual will be responsible to ensure that the OVC MIS is
a) architected to meet the national requirements,
b) meets usability requirements across all levels of stakeholders,
c) has documentation for sustainability and continued development, and,
d) has strong configuration management and change management (CMM) process. Moreover the IT Manager will help strengthen capacity of local IT firms to establish a community of IT experts to support the OVC MIS beyond the life of the project. The IT Manager will provide leadership and technical expertise to build the OVC MIS solution right the first time, with the right resources and technology. S/he will understand user needs and design the system so that it doesn't need to be re-engineered or recreated later.
The successful candidate will ensure that the system provides the highest quality of data through effective data management. The IT Manager will work collaboratively to strengthen capabilities of key stakeholders and effectively manage the development team. S/he will liaise closely with the prime partner, key monitoring and evaluation staff, and Futures HQ and regional offices to ensure development of an effective OVC MIS.
- Lead an effort to build software using the .Net platform using Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server Supervise the OVC MIS developers and testers; create and manage project plan Collaborate with consultant(s) to hold a requirements gathering workshop and document the project vision and all requirements;
- write additional technical documentation as related to the project Provide quality assurance including writing test plans and test cases;
- execute testing and documentation of defects
- Engage with FMOH to define security and user access; ensure system is operational and users have appropriate access
- Understand and ensure compliance to policy and standards across all aspects of the system
- Be familiar data import / export to / from various formats
- Follow software best practices in an Agile / SCRUM environment
- Provide support to partners to extract their datasets (including analyzing and querying routines) and catalogue data and data issues
- Create, implement, and enforce proper data collection policies and procedures
- Perform regular audits to ensure data consistency and accuracy
- Coordinate use of standards among implementing partners to promote efficiency
- Liaise with key stakeholders and MOH to define the minimum data set and set quality standards
- Understand data input and output and make recommendations for performance improvement of the OVC MIS Develop ad hoc reports as necessary for key stakeholders
- Review and ensure integrity of linkages between the OVC MIS and DHIS2 as relevant Responsible to create and maintain internal and external documentation
- Train and educate key stakeholders on available data and accessing information; actively engage users and MOH by providing presentations, overviews and leading in or assisting with TWG Oversee implementation of the OVC MIS at client defined organizations and sites; provide training curriculum and user manual for the system.
- Troubleshoot as needed at each organization.
- Act as a liaison on OVC MIS issues, protocols, SOP, policies and procedures and be able to convert technical specifications and language into user friendly format for various stakeholders Performance management of direct reports and create an environment for professional growth Manage the budget and financial monitoring of the project; liaise closely with the Operations Manager and Financial Analyst to ensure financial compliance and accurate forecasting
- Coordinate with the Contract Administrator to ensure contractual compliance
- Communicate effectively with HQ, Regional and Country teams (Email, Skype, Telephonic)
- Be prepared to work with a diverse international team from Africa, Caribbean, India and USA
- Actively engage in new business opportunities to grow the Center for Development Informatics
Bachelor's degree in public health, health data analysis, statistics, or computer science with 8 years experience or Master's degree with 5 years experience Knowledge in IT domains and ability to design and manage complex projects with multiple stakeholders
Knowledge of M&E within the OVC, HIV, PMTCT, and TB settings
Demonstrated experience developing health informatics software applications
Experience working in all stages of the software development life cycle
Demonstrate knowledge of Project management principles, PMP preferred A broad and extensive knowledge of IT principles, methods and techniques; analytical skills and superior knowledge of project management principles to manage projects and work with multi-disciplinary teams Analytical skills and data reporting for OVC; broad understanding of relevant OVC indicators including PEPFAR indicators Working knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL) is an added advantage. The position is considered a 'local hire.'
There are no expatriate allowances associated with the position.
APPLICATION DETAILS Please submit the following information to email@example.com before November 22 nd 2013. Updated résumé USAID 1420 biodata form Please state 'IT Manager – Zambia' in the subject line of the email and indicate where you first saw this advertisement.
Futures Group provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.