SENIOR LEADERSHIP TEAM
FSD Africa (FSDA) is a regional financial sector development programme operating across Sub-Saharan Africa. Its goal is to reduce poverty by boosting financial inclusion and helping financial institutions and markets drive economic growth.
FSDA seeks a dynamic, highly qualified and high performing leadership team to manage significant budgets and develop ambitious approaches to deliver FSDA’s strategy. These roles create a platform for outstanding individuals to influence the future development of African financial markets which are among the fastest growing and rapidly changing in the world.
- Director, Change Management and Building Services Markets - Works with financial institutions and providers of professional and technical services to develop strategies to originate and drive change management processes, to build leadership, spur innovation and strengthen core business processes; develops strategies to stimulate regional services markets (e.g. in e-learning and data analytics); leads a core team of professionals, identifying and mobilising external technical experts to meet client needs
- Director, Knowledge and Evidence – Leads FSDA’s research activities, implementing strategies for knowledge-sharing and building the evidence base/ information platform that connects and informs financial sector development with poverty reduction; strengthens market capacity to access and use information to accelerate commercial innovation and policy change; collaborates with international partners on learning programmes
- Director, Professional Education - Develops strategies to increase the supply of qualified personnel into the financial industry by working with regional training institutions, regulators and industry bodies; conceptualises and implements training courses that meet industry needs for technical and managerial skills; builds partnerships with training institutions to strengthen their capacity to deliver and market skills development programmes regionally
- Senior Project Director - Responsible for operational and contractual aspects of the programme, overseeing procurement, risk management, operations and administration; works closely with FSDA’s co-funding partners to facilitate technical collaboration
- Change Management Consultant (2) – Supports origination and implementation of change management processes; designs and manages interventions with financial institutions, identifying and procuring appropriate technical resources, and ensures interventions achieve financial and developmental goals
Candidates will have a strong strategic focus, be results-driven, innovative and committed to high standards of performance. Essential: financial sector experience (banking/management consultancy/research); appreciation of the African financial markets context; able to manage significant budgets and deliver multiple projects; strong social commitment; rigorous project management, communication and influencing skills.
Based in Nairobi, Kenya, with extensive travel in SSA and occasionally outside Africa.