- Position title: Accounts Assistant – Travel (FFCO.2)
- Grade: GS-7
- Position N°: 50000704
- Reference: ADB/16/025
- Publication date: 08/02/2016
- Closing date: 29/02/2016
- Country: Côte d’Ivoire
The primary role of the Administrative Expenses Division (FFCO.2) is to provide efficient transaction processing services with respect to the capital and administrative expenses of the Bank and of all bilateral funds. Under the auspice of the Financial Control Department (FFCO), the FFCO.2 Division not only ensures that expenses incurred are in accordance with Bank policies, but also actively seeks opportunities for savings for the Bank in the management of expenses. This position is to perform verification of all types of payments and journal vouchers, except for loan-related and pension payments, to ensure correctness and proper application of international accounting standards in the treatment of transaction, to ensure effective transaction processing services which include effective controls over all financial transactions to safeguard the assets of the Bank and respective Grants, and to perform continuous business process improvement for administrative expense processes.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Manager, Administrative Expenses Division, the incumbent will administer and control all mission related payment processing for all staff and elected officers by performing the following functions:
- Organize, supervise and treat queries from clients regarding Travel payment requests, policies and procedures guiding the payment process, as well as ensure the logging of same using the relevant IT software for the Helpdesk.
- Assist provide first level technical /operational support to new and existing staff in implementation of new system enhancements, policies and procedures for all types of payments.
- Analyze logs and follow through of queries, and based on client feedback, report findings and make proposals as appropriate in order to improve internal procedures to provide greater client satisfaction.
- Utilize information from analysis of requests received as a basis to develop and maintain a comprehensive set of documentation which is easy to find, to access, to interpret and to act upon, regarding recurring matters of interest in respect of account payables and other payment requests such as documentation of FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) and other relevant documents on the division’s intranet Web page.
- Follow up the implementation of the relevant client service and quality procedures and recommend improvements in the service to clients and in quality of the deliveries, procedures and tools for the helpdesk, in order to ensure quality and client service.
- Ensure full compliance with the Bank's information security and confidentiality policy in dissemination of payment information and ensure proper management of sensitive information.
- Participate in the design, testing and implementation of all relevant SAP system enhancement projects for the division.
- Liaise with the IT department and resolve all SAP technical issues encountered in utilization of the SAP Travel Module.
- Follow up to ensure timely submission of claims for Travel mission and other cash advances given to staff and follow up to ensure timely posting of related expenses in the general ledger in SAP.
- Ensure timely reimbursements and deductions from staff for processed mission claims and cash advance justification.
- Monitor and correct anomalies on any items on SAP exception list for the Missions payments and deductions to ensure successful injection in Payroll.
- Generate SAP Reports on Mission and Travel and follow-up of outstanding issues on Mission Status with other departments.
- Provide guidance to staff on the proper utilization of the Travel card as well as the proper utilization of the related SAP module in submission of such claims.
- Perform any other work related duties as assigned.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems, Accounting or equivalent relevant field.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ relevant experience gained in a similar environment.
- Experience gained in working in information/call centers or in client service centers.
- Knowledge and proficiency in the utilization of SAP ERP system including SAP Travel Module and Microsoft office Software with proven ability to train others in the utilization of the programs.
- Experience in the implementation of business process enhancement projects.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills working in a multicultural diverse environment.
- Ability to plan work schedules effectively in a busy work environment.
- Professional and courteous approach to working with clients including over the telephone.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and/or French. Working knowledge of the second language will be an advantage.
- Competence in the use of Bank standard software (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.