ENTERPRISE RISK MANAGEMENT DIRECTOR
PURPOSE:This role is responsible for facilitating and maintaining enterprise risk management (ERM) across World Vision Zambia(WVZ) and will involve partnering with the leadership team and WVZ Limited Board to ensure that risks are identified and considered in the implementation of the new strategy; proactively managing to balance both the risk and rewards of donor investments. The position will facilitate the organization’s definition of risk appetite and tolerance, coordinate risk assessments, identify the operational and strategic risks, provide leadership to the Risk Committee, facilitate the prioritization of risks and identification of risk owners, and develop and communicate risk reports to management and Board. This position also contributes to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices.
- Collaborate with the Board and senior management to develop a proactive and integrated ERM strategy for the Organization. Assess the company’s risk appetite and calibrate risk mitigating activities accordingly. Develop an ERM plan for the company that strikes a practical balance between the costs and benefits of risk mitigation initiatives.
- Build the risk management processes, tools and templates required, including facilitating the identification, assessment and reporting of risks across the WVZ’s departments and regions. Develop and maintain the risk monitoring and reporting structures, including reporting dashboards, risk appetite framework, Key Risk Indicators (KRIs), and modeling/quantification of key risks.
- Produce risk reports working with contributors of the reports and supporting the analysis of significant risks and mitigation approaches. Ensure that risk reporting aligns with organizational performance and strategy reporting, which supports decision making and management oversight at the most senior levels of the organization.
- Review and evaluate existing and proposed organization interventions/Programmes/projects to evaluate potential risk exposures and opportunities.
- Assist in the development of the ERM technology platform to ensure that the output meets the needs of WVZ and stakeholders.
- Enhance risk management awareness and capabilities across the organization. Establish a communications plan for ERM that includes target audiences, content, message frequency and delivery mode. Provide proactive communications on emerging risks that could impact WVZ’s activities.
- Work closely with the Internal Audit , Board Risk Committee and Security teams to ensure a holistic enterprise risk management approaches.
- Support senior leaders to drive a risk culture across the organization and ensure the effective operation of enterprise risk management. Provide subject matter expertise and support to senior leaders and managers to execute their risk management responsibilities.
- Identify and analyze sector trends to continuously improve WVZ’s risk management approach, including identify gaps in processes and capabilities.
- Provide sound talent management and coaching to emerging risk managers across the organization.
- Master's Degree or equivalent required with preferred areas of study in business, finance, or quantitative field.
- At least 6 years of relevant risk management experience.
- Experience in overseeing, supporting and/or establishing an ongoing ERM process.
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating processes and decisions with cross-functional, senior stakeholders.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong understanding of risk management standards and frameworks and their applications.
- Understanding of the challenges related to implementing organizational changes.
- Strong analytical skills, problem-solving skills, and ability to anticipate barriers and opportunities.
- Capability to manage multiple demands and to adapt to new challenges and shifting priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- High level of proficiency with MS Office, documents management solutions and reporting tools.
- A strong commitment to the mission, ethos and core values of World Vision.