CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
PAN-AFRICAN FINANCIAL SECTOR SPECIALISTS
Financial Sector Deepening Afrinca (FSDA)is a non-profit company based in Nairobi which promotes poverty reduction through financial sector development across sub-Saharan Africa. It sees itself as a catalyst for change, working with partners to build financial markets that are robust, efficient and, above all, inclusive. It uses funding, research and technical expertise to identify market failures and strengthen the capacity of its partners to improve access to financial services and drive economic growth.
FSDA is also a regional platform for financial market development. It aims to foster collaboration, best practice transfer, economies of scale and coherence amongst those organisations with a role in financial market development in sub-Saharan Africa. In particular, FSDA provides support to the FSD Network. There are currently eight FSDs operating in Africa (in Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, South Africa, Uganda, and Zambia).
FSDA is looking to build a panel of specialist advisers on whom it can call on for short term consultancy assignments or for draw-down (i.e. retained consultant) arrangements. This call for Expressions of Interest (EOI) is aimed at pre-qualifying consultants so as to facilitate procurement for assignments that are anticipated in the future.
FSDA seeks specialist advisers who:
- By virtue of their location and prior experience, have deep and credible relationships in financial markets in particular countries in sub-Saharan Africa;
- Are thematic specialists in credit markets development, agriculture finance, retail payments, and capital markets development and/or inclusive finance generally;
- Are impact specialists who could manage project-level impact evaluations but also support anFSD-wide consultative process to establish a more harmonised approach to impact evaluation.
EOI should include;
- name, full CV
- your place of business and area of expertise
- a short statement (maximum 1 side of A4) of why you believe you have the right qualifications to help FSDA in the stated area
- a statement describing your availability, e.g. preferred length of assignment, willingness to travel, availability in the next 12-18 months
- your current daily fee rate (applicable for at least 12 months)
- any other information that you believe should be taken into account in the pre-qualification process
Your EOI, which should not exceed 3 sides of A4 (font size 10) in total (excluding CV) should be sent by email to email@example.com under a subject line reading ‘Expression of interest: Pan-African Financial Sector Specialists’. Full details can be obtained from our website www.fsdafrica.org
Expressions of interest must be received by FSD Africa no later than 1200 (EAT) Friday 18 March 2016