Job Reference Number
International Development Assistance/Emerging Markets
Africa; Zambia; Lusaka
Cardno Emerging Markets is seeking a Team Leader for an upcoming Livelihood Restoration Program for Project Affected Persons (PAPs) in Zambia.
Cardno Emerging Markets is seeking a Team Leader for an upcoming Livelihood Restoration Program for Project Affected Persons (PAPs) in Mazyopa and Kaunda Square Pond areas of Zambia. Successful applicants will lead a teams of local and international livelihood, business development, and resettlement specialists. This is a full time position for 24-months.
- Directly relevant university degree
- 10 years of experience in livelihood development, business development and mentoring, grievance management, and resettlement
- A cumulative minimum of 5 years’ experience managing teams supporting land-based livelihoods (agriculture and livestock), and small enterprise start-up
- 5 years of direct experience implementing livelihood restoration plans, related to resettlement action plans (RAP)
- Working experience in southern Africa within the past 5 years, Zambia preferred
- Relevant experience working with MCC or the World Bank
- Successful track record of capacity building and monitoring and evaluation is a plus
- Lead the team to implement the Livelihoods Restoration for identified PAPs
- Serve as first Point of Contact with the client on all technical and work planning matters
- Coordinate with MCA-Zambia and any other entities designated by MCA-Zambia with regard to livelihood restoration related tasks.
- Plan and design detailed approach for livelihood restoration based on the framework in the Livelihood Restoration Plan.
- Execute and conduct training, or coordinate through the use of recognized training institutions.
- Assess of progress and mentoring of individuals as may be required.
- Coordinate with MCA-Zambia on communications and outreach and the grievance redress mechanism.
- Provide other interventions to specifically include special assistance for vulnerable PAPs under the Livelihood Restoration Program.
- Monitor the ongoing livelihood restoration process for registered PAPs in accordance with the Work Plan and document the results.
- Manage overall program budget within approved spending levels and ensure compliance with MCA rules and regulations