Rio Tinto Scholarships
Rio Tinto plc, together with CEPMLP, acknowledges the importance of contributing worldwide to sustainable mineral resources development. As part of the CEPMLP/Rio Tinto Partnership agreement, the CEPMLP are offering fully funded postgraduate scholarships leading to the degree Mineral Law and Policy LLM .
The award will offer the successful candidate:
- Payment of academic tuition fees
- 12 monthly stipends for living expenses for a single student
- An arrival allowance and thesis/assignment allowance
Applicants eligible for consideration should:
- Already hold a degree of an equivalent standard to at least a good UK upper second class honours degree or higher
- Be able to demonstrate a high level of English language competence (minimum of IELTS 6.5 or equivalent, with no component less than 6.0)
- Display intellectual ability and leadership potential
- Have a proven track record and potential to rise to positions of influence
- Preferably be qualified lawyers having had some post-degree work experience in mining in the government, private sector, or academia
- Be a national and resident of the following countries at the time of applying for the award, and go on to complete the degree within 12 months and return to their home country at the end of the period of study:
The application deadline is 31st May 2016 with successful recipients expected to commence study in September 2016 so please submit all applications by this date.