Resource Mobilisation and Partnerships Consultant: Ref: FARA/adv/RMSP/2016
FARA is the apex organization for agricultural research-for-development in Africa. The FARA Secretariat serves as the technical arm of the African Union Commission (AUC) and the NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency (NPCA) on matters concerning agricultural research-for-development and has been mandate to coordinate the implementation of the Science Agenda for Agriculture in Africa. FARA works closely with sub-regional agricultural research organizations (SROs) and national agricultural research and extension systems to advance the implementation of the Science, Technology and Innovation (STI) dimensions of Pan-African agriculture and food security policy frameworks and initiatives. The Science for Agriculture Consortium (S4AC) comprises the principal supra-national agriculture research-for-development institutions responsible for championing and coordinating the implementation of the Science Agenda for Agriculture in Africa at country level.
The Directorate of Corporate Partnerships and Communication supports the delivery of FARA’s expected results by serving the following functions: (a) Strengthening, management and sustenance of relationships with FARA’s strategic partners; (b) Resource Mobilisation; (c) Corporate Communication, and (d) Governance.
FARA seeks to engage a long term Consultant under its Directorate of Corporate Partnerships and Communication. This Consultant will spearhead the development and implementation of a resource mobilisation and partnership strategy.
The Consultant shall report to the Director of Corporate Partnerships and Communications and perform the following duties and responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership in the development of a resource mobilisation and partnership strategy plus action plan for the FARA Secretariat and the Science for Agriculture Consortium (S4AC).
- Identify untapped funding and partnership opportunities for both the FARA Secretariat and the S4AC and provide technical support towards the initiation of partnerships with potential funders, international centres of excellence and relevant government, intergovernmental, civil society and private sector entities.
- Jointly with the relevant technical staff, develop high quality funding proposals for the FARA Secretariat and the Science for Agriculture Consortium (S4AC) and promote the proposed initiatives to target investors.
- Promote and support the formalisation of partnerships through appropriate instruments, for example, Memoranda of Understanding (MoUs).
- Support the activation/implementation of partnership agreements / MoUs including the elaboration of modalities for engagement with strategic partners and among the S4AC partners.
- Support the management of relationships with strategic partners. This may entail organisation of meetings, preparation and the dissemination of reports and advocacy materials
- Provide technical support towards strengthening FARA’s authorising environment
- Establish and maintain an up-to-date database of partnerships for FARA and the S4AC
- Undertake a strategic analysis of corporate partnerships in national, regional and international agricultural research and innovation. The analysis is designed to inform a continent-wide consultation aimed at improving the value derived from such partnership arrangements.
- Serve as Technical Assistant to the Director of Corporate Partnerships & Communications;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by FARA management
At least a Masters degree or equivalent in international development, Agriculture, Natural Resources Management or a related field. A PhD will be an added advantage.
At least eight years’ experience in resource mobilization, partnerships and donor/external relations in the African context and international development with demonstrable results. Specific experience in resource mobilization and partnerships in the agriculture sector is an asset; Experience from the private sector with proven results is desirable; Familiarity with the functioning African supra-national organisations (political bodies and technical agencies) and international organisations
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent inter-personal working skills;
- Proficiency in both English and French
The successful candidate shall be remunerated on a lump sum per month
Duration of the Consultancy
9 months from 15th April up to 31 December 2016
This will be discussed with the successful candidate.
Interested individuals who meet the requirements are invited to submit via email comprehensive Curriculum Vitae together with a cover letter and names/contact details of three referees to: Dr. Yemi Akinbamijo, Executive Director, FARA, PMB CT 173, Cantonments, Accra, Ghana. Email:email@example.com. Applications will be assessed against the required skills, experience and aptitudes set out above. Applications will be accepted up to 25th March 2016.
Due to the anticipated high volume of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
FARA Affirmative Action Statement on Employment: there is no discrimination on the basisof gender race, religion, ethnic orientation, disability or health status.
NB: Please quote in your application the reference code of the vacancy for which you areapplying.