Office/Project: Catering Services for the new NEPAD office in 15th Road, Midrand, Johannesburg
Conditions of work: A catering Company based in South Africa
Duration of contract: One (1) year
Procurement Number: NPCA/CATERINGSERV/001/2016
- A Qualified registered catering Services Firm with 10 years of experience in catering Services; and
- Cleaning standards should comply with the National Contract Cleaners association specifications on “standard” cleaning of buildings/offices.
Overall Goals and Background
The overall goal of the cafeteria services is proper provision of a fully equipped (outside and inside tables +chairs, braii area) canteen services, preparing and serving of meals to employees or guests of the NEPAD PLANNING AND COORDINATING AGENCY (NPCA) at the premises.
The catering services will ensure that the standard of the catering services and the quality of food provided shall confirm to the reasonable requirements of the NEPAD PLANNING AND COORDINATING AGENCY (NPCA).
At present the NEPAD PLANNING AND COORDINATING AGENCY (NPCA) has a head count of 150 people at its common premises in Midrand where the service to be rendered is required. On average 100 visitors are recorded per month that may require catering service depending on the nature of the meeting or function attended. The working hours are from 08h00 to 17h00 during weekdays with a 30 minutes lunch break staggered between 12h00 and 14h00. Occasionally, the Caterer may be required to offer services outside these operational hours e.g. 17h00.
It is emphasized that the NEPAD PLANNING AND COORDINATING AGENCY (NPCA) offers no guarantees that these numbers or turnover figures will be maintained into the future as this is driven directly by the quality and price of meals offered by the successful service provider.
- Management and staff for the cafeteria and catering service on NEPAD PLANNING AND COORDINATING AGENCY (NPCA) premises will be employed by the service provider;
- The main responsibility of the Catering Manager appointed will include full control of the services and staff and ensure customer satisfaction;
- To maintain and promote good service it is critical that the right person is employed for the right job and that that the employees are equipped with the necessary skills through training;
- It is the responsibility of the service provider to ensure that all personnel on the premises are present at all times whilst on duty and is neatly dressed (uniforms), presentable and hygienic (e.g. hair nets, safety shoes);
- The service provider is responsible for cleaning and keeping the area tidy at all times. The service provider will comply and provide all Certificates of Acceptability for Food Premises; and
- It is the responsibility of the service provider to comply with Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
Below is a minimum requirements specification:
- Lunch served in the cafeteria (12h00 to 14h00)
o Vegetarian, Halaal and Diabetic Meal
- Fresh fruits
- Confectionary (e.g. cake stand in cafeteria)
- Soft drinks
- Events/functions catering
- A fully comprehensive weekly menu comprising of African Dishes and South African Dishes should be provided.
The following provisions will be made available to the service provider at our own facilities at no cost:
- Water and Electricity
- Security Access
(Note that gas is at the cost of the service provider and not the NEPAD PLANNING AND COORDINATING AGENCY (NPCA)
The following documents must accompany the application:
- Cover letter
- Technical Proposal Containing:
o Public liability coverage and arrangements with a reputable public insurance underwriter;
o Health Certificate;
o Certificate of Acceptability for Food Premises;
o Detailed Company profile Company Registration;
o Details of similar assignments previously undertaken; and
o Copy of ID documents of Directors/Owners.
Deadline for submission of Applications: 21 April, 2016
For Electronic submission, applicants should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Hard Copy submission:
Technical and Financial Proposals are requested to be submitted in separate envelopes both included in one envelope.
Consultants must submit an original and six copies of each proposal to the address below:
Companies should deliver hard copies Electronic submissions, applicants should deliver hard copies.
The envelope must be clearly marked “APPLICATION FOR CONSULTANCY – NPCA Catering Services”, and “Do not open except in the presence of the NPCA Tender Board” at the top, addressed to:
The Chairperson, Tender Board
NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency
230, 15th Road, Midrand P.O. Box 1234 Halfway House, Midrand, South Africa 1685.
Download the Terms of Reference [DOWNLOAD]