Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Cranes Mechanic.
Reporting to the Supervisor – LV Workshop, you will be responsible for the repair and maintenance of all Barrick owned cranes site wide.
- Maintenance and repairs of heavy lift fully computerised mobile and fixed cranes up to 450 tonnes.
- Undertake regular audits of cranes/ equipment, documentation, spares and maintenance regimes.
- Ensure maintenance systems and procedures are implemented for all cranes.
- Ensure that all LMC cranes are maintained to industry standards and are fully compliant with all mining and works regulations.
- Coordination of the LMC heavy lift cranes maintenance and repairs.
- Liaise with crane OEM for technical support.
- Assess work to be done and issue safety permits as required by law.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improving of processes and systems.
- Monitor equipment performance to identify opportunities to improve uptime and maximise the performance of the assets.
Experience & Qualifications
- Technical qualification in Cranes repair.
- Crane Operators license.
- Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia.
- Minimum (3 years) experience in the Maintenance and understanding of Heavy lift Cranes (max 450 ton) and ancillary equipment.
- Experience in large multi pit operations utilising large scale mining equipment.
- Good computer skills with the ability to use integrated management systems, word processing, presentation and spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to show initiative and have good interpersonal skills.
- Must have a current driver’s license.
MORE AND APPLY