- Position title: Executive Assistant to the President - SAPR
- Grade: PL-6
- Position N°: 500001363
- Reference: ADB/16/039
- Publication date: 21/04/2016
- Closing date: 12/05/2016
The Office of the President is responsible for providing support & assisting the President in planning, supervising and managing the business of the Bank Group. The Executive Assistant to the President will work directly with the President.
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for the management of the front office of the President including welcoming visitors; reviewing correspondence to ensure timely responses; arranging corporate social events; answering questions and manage the President’s briefing files.
- In Consultation with the President, design, establish and maintain the dairy/calendar of the President. Ensure compliance with the requirements for the preparation of the President’s attendance and/or response to invitation to attend meetings; gathers information; prepares and edits documents; and reformats graphic presentation; producing and distributing.
- Helps the Vice Presidents to keep communication and interaction open with the President by serving as liaison between them and the President
- Coordinates appointments of high-level visitors; ensuring security, protocol and divisional involvement. Maintains formal and cordial relationships with Governors, Embassies, Representations and sister institutions, agencies, relating to direct contacts with the President
- Keeps open interaction with staff and ensures that there is a clear strategy for the President’s interaction with staff.
- Arranges corporate travel and meetings for the President by developing itineraries and agendas; scheduling air tickets; booking other transportation; arranging lodging and meeting accommodations.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing work flows and processes in the President’s front office.
- Completes the President projects and special assignments by establishing objectives;
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Explores any opportunities to add value to job accomplishments and increased efficiency in the President’s office.
- The Executive Assistant performs any other duties as assigned by the Chief of Staff, Advisors and Senior Special Assistant.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
1. At least a Master’s degree or its equivalent in Business Administration, Development Economics, or any other discipline that is relevant to the operations of the Bank; strong knowledge of socio-economic development issues and policies of African countries.
2. Preferably a minimum of four (4) years of relevant professional experience.
3. Excellent organizational, analytical, coordination and communication/ business writing skills.
4. Ability to work accurately, methodically and to meet deadlines.
5. Integrity and ability to work under pressure and to deliver timely quality services.
6. Excellent Interpersonal Relationships and promote Process Improvement
7. Ability to handle speedily and efficiently internal and external requests.
8. Good professional experience and knowledge of one of the Bank’s operations;
9. Ability to assess problems and develop realistic solutions quickly; proven ability to adopt a multidisciplinary approach to issues.
10. Demonstrated mature sense of judgment.
11. Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and/or French.
12. Competence in the use of Bank standard software (Word, Excel, Access and Power Point, SAP and/or other integrated document management system).
To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.