Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Facilities Supervisor.
Reporting to the Maintenance Services Superintendent, you will maintain established building infrastructure and carry out any modifications/alterations as required. Management of all project related to buildings and infrastructure from planning to commission stage.
- Ensure proficient execution of maintenance and breakdown services as directed across site through CMMS Pronto and make sure that levels of completion are met. This includes air- conditioning, carpentry, plumbing, painting services and potable, emergency and raw water systems.
- Plan, execute, manage and commission projects related to infrastructure, building services and other areas as directed.
- Maintenance of the heavy vehicle workshop wash bay and the facility at Malundwe.
- Carry out extensions and alterations to existing infrastructure as required.
- Take full responsibility and accountability for the performance of contractor labour.
- Prepare and control cost budgets for infrastructure teams.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improving of processes and systems.
- Measure and report overall equipment and infrastructure performance.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities.
Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
- Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia.
- Minimum (5 years) experience in maintenance of mining environment infrastructure.
- Supervisory experience
- Experience in large mining operations.
- Good computer skills with the ability to use integrated management systems, word processing, presentation and spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to show initiative and have good interpersonal skills.
- Must have a current driver’s license.