|Finance, HR and Admin Coordinator:|
Job Title Finance, HR and Admin Coordinator
Organisation Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe e.V. / Johanniter International Assistance
Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe e.V. (www.thejohanniter.org) is a German Christian non-governmental organisation, dedicated to excellence in the field of first aid, ambulance service, social service programmes and other projects in the medical and social field. The Federal Headquarters are based in Berlin, Germany. Johanniter International Assistance is the operational unit for humanitarian aid, development co-operation and emergency relief, implementing and supporting mostly health projects worldwide.
Goma, Democratic Republic of Congo
(with occasional travels to field locations and offices)
Closing Date Application 18th May 2016
Estimated Date of Interviews between 24th and 26th May 2016
Johanniter has been active in DRC since 1995, with a focus on North Kivu since 2008.
The overall objective of Johanniter International Assistance’s Program in North Kivu, DRC, is to reduce mortality and morbidity by improving the health conditions and reducing vulnerability of IDPs and host population. Johanniter’s interventions aim to improve, in close cooperation with the MoH, the provision of and access to quality primary health care and to support the improved nutrition status of children under five, pregnant and lactating women and other vulnerable people (such as elderly people, people with disability, people living with HIV/AIDS, and survivors of SGBV). Furthermore, the improved access to water, sanitation and hygiene is part of Johanniter’s DRC programme.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Overall Job purpose:
Coordination of all financial and HR administrative processes of Johanniter project activities in DRC in close collaboration with the Country Director.
• Country Director Djibouti (direct supervisor)
• Head of Africa Desk in Berlin headquarters (second line supervisor)
• Receives technical advice from
• Regional Head of Finance Africa, Nairobi
• Head of Desk Finance, Berlin headquarters
Team of international/national staff
Standing in for:
Logistics and Construction Coordinator, Pharmacist
Logistics and Construction Coordinator, Pharmacist
• Assure Johanniter’s financial procedures are in compliance with government and donor financial obligatory law and regulations
• Filing documents, allocation of expenditures, vouchers registration, balance checking
• Monthly field accounts and timely preparation of financial reports for donors and headquarters (BVAs, monthly closing, bank transfers, cash requests, travel claims) in compliance with donor and Johanniter procedures
• Management of bank accounts, money transfers and maintain good cash flow in compliance with guidelines of donors and Johanniter
• Supervision of payment orders and improvement of payment procedures
• Organising and coordination of internal or external audits
• Taking measures for cost controlling in consultation with the Country Director
• Report immediately if any irregularity (fraud, cheating, etc.) noticed
• Prepare overhead and project budgets, budget revisions and extensions in compliance with financial guidelines of donors and Johanniter
• Monitor budgets, give relevant advice concerning financial matters and inform Country Director, Project Coordinators and HQ desk officer regularly on financial status
• Verify and support partner organisations with financial reporting
• Cross-check compliance with Johanniter’s procurement procedures, government obligatory regulations and donor guidelines. Assure all supporting documents are available.
• Coordinate the planning, recruitment, selection, briefing/debriefing and well-being of all local staff
• Pay local staff according to national labour law and Johanniter guidelines, including timely payment of Staff Social Security, income tax or other taxes as required by labour law.
• Supervise and train the team of Admin and Finance Assistants and support staff, including periodic staff appraisals, in field offices and in Goma
• Ensure that all staff have valid contracts and job descriptions
• Draft contractual HR engagements after consultation with a local solicitor and the Country Director
• Provide HR guidance and consultative support to the Country Director and Project managers.
• Maintain systematic HR databases and filing systems (incl. staff lists, leave register, etc).
• Follow up changes of rules and regulations in national law for the employment of local staff and up-date Johanniter National Staff Handbook in line with Djiboutian and JUH regulations and People in Aid recommendations
• Follow-up on visa and work-permits for expats
• Coordinate planning of annual leave and R&R of expats and local staff where applicable.
• Draft and follow-up any contractual engagement (rental, vehicles, MoUs, Registration, etc) in consultation with the CD
• Set-up and maintain a systematic hard and soft copy filing system for all administrative matters
• Assist the Country Director in security management
• Regularly coordinate all above mentioned aspects with the Country Director and the Desk Officer and Controller in Berlin
• Assist the country office team in translating guidelines and templates into French
• Support Country Director in all other tasks.
University Degree in Business Administration / Accountancy or equivalent degree OR relevant work experience in similar position
• At least 3 years of experience in accounting, financial management, and HR procedures in the field of humanitarian aid / development cooperation
• Experience in working with public donors
• Ability to write reports and procedure manuals
• Working experience in DRC is a plus
• Financial Management
• Proficient user of accountancy and financial software
• Excellent reporting and computer skills
• Fluency in English and French with excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Knowledge of German is a plus
• HR management skills
• Cultural sensitivity and team competence
• Sense of delegation and commitment to local capacity building
Terms and Conditions:
Definite contract for 1 year (with possible extension)
Between 38.410 € and 40.431 € annual gross salary (according to Johanniter AVR-J internal tariff and depending on relevant previous working experience).
• social security provisions (lump sum 375€ per month) (for expats not falling under social security)
• international insurance package
• 29 days annual paid leave plus additional R&R regulations
• yearly home flight (for contracts > 1 year)
• Per diems (for international postings) for days in project country (currently 56€ per day)
Please note that this position is unaccompanied.
How to apply:
Contact and application:
Applications for this position (including a cover letter, CV, reference contacts of three former supervisors as well as job certificates in case available) should be sent to: email@example.com. Please indicate “DRC, Finance and HR Coordinator” in the subject line of email and mention your earliest date of availability. Closing date for applications**: 18th May 2016**. Interviews are scheduled
for between 24th and 26th May 2016.
Please be advised, that due to the urgency of the situation, we might start short-listing even before the end of the deadline. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
The Civil Service Commission invites applications from suitably qualified Zambian nationals to fill the position of Director – Human R...
NAPSA was formed to provide income security against the risk arising from retirement (old age), death and invalidity with a focus on ...
First National Bank (FNB) Zambia Ltd is a licensed Commercial Bank. Digital Marketing Specialist Responsibilities Assist in the...
The Zambia Development Agency (ZDA) was established in 2006 by an Act of Parliament and became operational in January 2007 after the ...
Investrust Bank Plc is a public limited liability company and is incorporated under the Companies Act of 1994. The Bank is licensed u...
First National Bank Zambia Ltd is a licensed Commercial Bank. Responsibilities Translate business priorities into delivery work st...
Administration Officer at Zoona If you love working in a dynamic environment where the demands are high, where you will be challen...
The Competition and Consumer Protection Commission (CCPC) is a statutory body established with a unique dual mandate to protect the c...
CSC/53/1/53 The Civil Service Commission invites applications from suitably qualified Zambian nationals to fill the position of Dire...
This position is located in the newly created Provincial Office. The Senior Technical Advisor will serve as the main U.S. Government ...
AB Bank Zambia Abt Associates ACC Anti Corruption Commission Zambia Access Bank Accountant Administration Afdb African Development Bank Agriculture Airtel Zambia Atlas Copco Zambia AU African Union Aviation Jobs AWF African Wildlife Foundation BancABC BANKING JOBS Barclays Bank Zambia Blantyre BOZ Bank of Zambia British Council in Zambia CARE INTERNATIONAL ZAMBIA Cavmont Bank Center for Infectious Disease Research in Zambia CHAI Clinton Health Access Initiative Chamber of Mines of Zambia Chibombo Chililabombwe Chingola Chipata Chirundu Choma Citibank Civil Engineer Climate Change and Environment COMESA Community Development Jobs Consultancy Copperbelt Copperbelt Energy Corporation Copperbelt University CRS Catholic Relief Services Customer Care Customer Support - Technical Support Danish Refugee Council DBZ DEVELOPMENT BANK OF ZAMBIA Democratic of the Congo Driver Jobs ECOBANK ZAMBIA Economist Education EGPAF Elizabeth Glazer Pediatric AIDS Foundation ELECTORAL COMMISSION OF ZAMBIA Electrical Engineering Environmental Jobs ERB Energy Regulation Board ESAMI Eastern and Southern African Management Institute FHI360 Finance Finca Malawi FINCA Zambia First Quantum Minerals Ltd FNB FIRST NATIONAL BANK ZAMBIA Food and Nutrition GOVERNMENT JOBS Graduate Trainee Health Hospitality Jobs HPCZ Health Professions Council of Zambia Human Resources Human Rights ICT JOBS Insurance Jobs Internship IRC International Rescue Committee Islamic Relief Jhpiego Kabwe Kalulushi Kalumbila Kasama Kasumbalesa Kitwe Konkola Copper Mines plc Lecturer Legal Aid Board Legal Jobs Librarian Lilongwe Livingstone LMC Lumwana Mining Company Limited Lubambe Copper Mine Limited Lumwana Lusaka Lusaka University Maamba Collieries Limited Malawi Jobs Marie Stopes Zambia Marketing Mazabuka Mechanical Engineering MEDIA AND COMMUNICATIONS MEDICAL STORES LIMITED Mining Jobs Ministry of Gender and Child Development Ministry of local government and housing MKUSHI Mongu Monitoring and Evaluation Mopani Copper Mines PLC MPIKA MTN Zambia MU MULUNGUSHI UNIVERSITY Mufulira NAPSA National Pension Scheme Authority National Airports Corporation National Milling Corporation NCC NATIONAL COUNCIL FOR CONSTRUCTION Ndola NEPAD NFNC National Food and Nutrition Commission NGO JOBS NHA National Housing Authority NLACW National Legal Aid Clinic for Women NPA National Prosecution Authority NRFA National Road Fund Agency NU Northrise University OXFAM PACRA Patents and Companies Registration Agency PACT PATH INTERNATIONAL PC Population Council Peace Corps Zambia PIA Pensions and Insurance Authority Plan International Procurement Jobs Project Manager PSI Puma Energy International Purchasing - Supplies Manager PwC RDA Road Development Agency Records Management Research Restless Development Rural Electrification Authority SADC Southern African Development Community Sales Sandvik Save the Children SCHOLARSHIPS Security Jobs SNV ZAMBIA Solwezi Standard Chartered Bank Statistician SUPPLY CHAIN Teaching Jobs Telecommunications The World Bank UN United Nations UNDP UNICEF UNZA University of Zambia US Embassy in Zambia USAID Zambia Veterinary Council of Zambia Volunteering VSO Voluntary Service Overseas WaterAid Zambia WFP World Food Programme WHO World Health Organization Workers Compensation Fund World Vision WWSC Western Water and Sewerage Company Zambia Banks Zambia Breweries Plc Zambia Catholic University Zambia Red Cross Society Zambia Sugar Plc Zamtel Zanaco Zambia National Commercial Bank ZAWA Zambia Wildlife Authority ZDA Zambia Development Agency ZEMA Zambia Environmental Management Agency ZESCO Zambia Electricity Supply Corporation Limited ZICA Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants ZICTA Zambia Information n Communications Technology Authority Zimbabwe ZIPAR Zambia Institute for Policy Analysis and Research ZNBS ZAMBIA NATIONAL BUILDING SOCIETY ZRA Zambia Revenue Authority ZTB Zambia Tourism Board ZWMA Zambia Weights and Measure Agency