Font Line Manager CIP Electrical
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The incumbent is accountable for the safety of his people, security, safe installation, operation and maintenance of electrical machines, including HV motors and transformers and hands on training for the artisans in the Gold Processing Plant and infrastructure.
The core aim of this role is to effectively manage the execution of the maintenance activities from an Electrical point of view in the entire Process plant to enable the Process Department to optimize plant production at a reasonable cost.
The Electrical section consists of the following areas Crushing/Milling/CIP/Reclaim/Lime plant/Water treatment/Outside water sources /TSF.
He or She executes key accountabilities by building and developing an effective team through the use of effective managerial leadership principles .
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND AUTHORITIES OF THE ROLE:
- Maintaining electrical equipment to ensure a reliable and safe operation in line with production requirements
- Introducing work packages for the department.
- Continually analyzing equipment deficiencies and recommend or implement improvements and changes to maximize equipment utilization.
- Coordination of the testing of all electrical safety devices and keeping registers in accordance with company procedures.
- Ensuring compliance with the company policies, procedures and legal requirements.
- Training and development of subordinates on site and off site.
- Develop COP and SOP
- Write up work packages for electrical apparatus.
- Accountable for the hands on training of local nationals
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Recognized Trade Certificate as Electrician.
- Must have at least an N6 Certificate.
- An international driver's license is essential.
- COC wiring certificate.
- Medium Voltage switching certificate.
- Must have extensive experience in projects installations i.e. 11Kv switchgear & 11Kv slipring motors/Transformers/Overhead power lines/Installations of LV switchgear/Tele-metering /VSD and soft starters.
- Must have good knowledge of Met processing plants in media grinding mills and crushing equipment.
- Must have at least min 15 years of experience of which 5 years in Supervisory position.
- Knowledge of PLC
- Maintenance plan and strategy experience
- Energy conservation strategy
- Electrical motor rebuilds in workshops.
- Maintain workshops and tooling to a high standard.
- Knowledge of computer based maintenance management systems.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills in English Language.
- Must possess good work ethics, fair judgment and calculated decision-making.
- Willingness to work overtime as and when required.
- Be on standby 24/7 for electrical issues and other.
- Experience in working in developing countries
- Have ability to transfer skills.
- Risk assessments
FLM Electrical / Plant Engineer
The successful candidate will be appointed on a 2 year expatriate contract, which may be renewed, regular leave breaks will apply.