Lumwana Mine, Solwezi, Zambia.
Reporting to: Inpit Services Coordinator
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Hydrocarbon Supervisor.
Reporting to the Inpit Services Coordinator, you will assist in the control and monitoring of the refuelling operations across the Lumwana site and make sure that PUMA complies with the LMC policy and procedures.
- Assist security in the tracking of fuel burn rates.
- Maintain site LAS maintenance logs.
- Assist in the Control the day to day running of the liquid Automated Solutions (LAS) database.
- Responsible for the daily/weekly/monthly fuel reconciliations.
- Issue/track the fuel tags/cards on the mine.
- Assist the Hydrocarbon Coordinator to ensure PUMA is meeting the minimum Barrick standard in Hydrocarbon management by ensuring weekly samples are taken from across site.
- Carry out normal administrative duties associated with the function.
- Achievement of fuel throughput targets in the most effective way within the budgets. This is to ensure compliance with the Barrick fuel security and management standard.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities and implement where necessary.
- Assist in the monthly accounting of the bulk lube issues.
- Assist in the auditing of the monthly management fee variable costs.
- Responsible for raising warehouse requisitions, direct purchases and service orders.
- Responsible for receiving and validating service orders.
Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum Diploma in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
- Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia.
- Minimum (5 years) experience in the mining industry or mineral processing industry.
- Supervisory experience
- Experience in running a refuelling facility and associated infrastructure.
- Ability to show initiative and have good interpersonal skills.
- Must have a current driver’s license.
MORE AND APPLY