ZREAD TECHNICAL PROGRAM ADVISOR
ZAMBIA READING FOR EDUCATION AND DEVELOPMENT (ZREAD) TECHNICAL PROGRAM ADVISOR
Purpose of the position:
To provide technical leadership for strategy, capacity building and advocacy representation to ensure quality programming in literacy for effective teaching of literacy, learner participation in literacy learning and conductive learning environment of girls and boys in targeted communities for literacy initiative.
Program Development and Grant Acquisition
- Lead the development of strategies, curricular, guidelines and tools for effective literacy projects.
- Ensure Literacy Program is adequately funded and supported with appropriate technical capacity for effective literacy learning.
- In collaboration with grant acquisition, establish donor linkages, develop and market fundraising concept paper, proposal and acquire extra non sponsorship support for literacy program.
Program Management and Reporting
- Set and enforce TP standards to be adhered to by the implementing staff and partners.
- Develop and support capacity building plans to staff and implanting partners involved in the provisions of literacy services for girls and boys.
- Support AP in in powering grass rout communities in being actively engaged in improving literacy amongst girls and boys.
- In collaboration with other internal stakeholders, ensure development of the annual Child Well Being report and consolidated Semi-annual/annual National report for review and approval by the Senior Leadership Team.
- To provide leadership in high quality project designs and re-designs, effective planning, monitoring and evaluation of literacy project, ensuring that standards are compatible with Ministry of Education strategies and Industry practices.
- Support staff orientation to WVZL Ministry and Technical Programing approach.
- Provide coaching and mentoring of technical staff in the literacy technical program and support annual performance agreement and reviews.
- Manage personal learning and career development leading to staff well-being and work life balance.
- Ensure staff are trained and equipped on how to conduct literacy assessments, baselines, monitoring and evaluations for evidence based impact.
- Contribute and support programs activities that enrich and develop mutual spiritual growth.
Networking, Collaboration and Liaison
- Lead in strategic networking with Donors, Government Line Ministries, Communities and other stakeholders in literacy/education sector in order to profile WVZL’s work in the sector.
- Work with Child Protection and Nature to advocate for enactment/repeal/review of policies necessary for literacy promotion in the country.
- In collaboration with advocacy team support the development and implementation of policy reform campaign and priorities for literacy based on WVZL Technical Approach.
Knowledge Management and Innovation
- Lead in the sector specific and/or integrated research and learning initiatives by developing research concepts with the view to generate lessons and knowledge for literacy Technical Program effectiveness.
- Provide technical support to knowledge management in generating innovations.
- Establish and strengthen literacy learning center activities being implemented by WVZL for improved future literacy programming.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Degree in Education or any related field. Master’s Degree is an added advantage.
- At least 5 years of experience in related field at management level.
- Experience with donor-funded and community projects is preferable.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Project Management, analytical, problem solving, negotiation and decision making skills.
- Coaching, mentoring, training and facilitation skills.
- Strong networking, liaison and donor engagement skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of Design Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Cross cultural sensitivity, flexible world view and emotional maturity.
- Able to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines while maintaining positive attitude.
- Demonstrate high Managerial, organizational, budgeting, planning, reporting writing and communication skills.
- Committed Christian, with strong integrity.
- Good understanding of World Vision core values and Mission Statement.
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: 30% Field based, 70% Office work.
- Travel: Local travel and as need arise international.
- On call: Preparedness to work outside normal working hours.
Women are encoraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contactedZREAD TECHNICAL PROGRAM ADVISOR