Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of LAS Technician.
Reporting to the Hydrocarbon Supervisor, you will be responsible for carrying out routine maintenance and repair of the LAS fuel monitoring system and its associated infrastructure.
- LAS Maintenance.
- LAS Repair.
- LAS Fault Documentation.
- Maintain site Maintenance logs.
- Manage the day to day running of the Liquid Automated Solutions (LAS) equipment.
- Personally demonstrate a positive attitude towards working safely.
- Provide resources and create a working environment that encourages personnel to actively contribute to safety, health and environmental affairs by managing risk in compliance with company objectives, policies, procedures, safe work practices, and relevant regulations.
- Actively participate in identification and implementation of projects that demonstrate working in an environment of continuous improvement.
- Ensure personal and team compliance with statutory acts and regulations and consent conditions.
- Participate in development of personal training strategies and undertake appropriate training modules.
- Carry out administrative functions commensurate with the role.
- Achievement of fuel throughput targets in the most cost effective manner within budgets.
Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum Diploma in Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia.
- Minimum (3 years) experience in the mining industry or mineral processing industry.
- Must be ISO qualified or experienced.
- HSE Registered.
- Strong analytical and good interpersonal skills.
- Experience in running a refuelling facility and associated infrastructure will be an added advantage.
- Must have a current driver’s license.
MORE AND APPLY