Tetra Tech, ES Inc., a subsidiary of Tetra Tech dedicated to international development, is recruiting for Energy Advisors for the USAID-funded Power Africa project to work in countries throughout sub-Saharan Africa. These countries include: Angola, Cote d’Ivoire, Ethiopia, Ghana, Malawi, Kenya, Liberia, Mozambique, Nigeria, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia.
- Serve as a member of the Power Africa Transactions and Reforms Program team.
- Identify and develop a pipeline of priority power projects, including gas-to-power.
- Provide transaction advisory services to the host country energy sector agencies.
- Provide capacity building to the host country energy sector agencies.
- Link power project developers and investors with national and regional financing networks.
- Identify and support development of small-scale, grid-connected projects and distributed generation projects and businesses.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business, finance, economics, law, or a related field required; Advanced degree preferred, such as MBA or JD.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience required in electricity or gas sector.
- Prior experience with project finance and energy sector transactions preferred.
- Experience working in the sub-Saharan energy sector and understanding of the key issues and stakeholders involved in energy project development is preferred.
- Experience with international donors and financial institutions (i.e. USAID, MCC, World Bank, AfDB, AFD) is preferred.
- French fluency is required for Francophone countries (e.g. Senegal, Cote d’Ivoire) and Portuguese fluency is required for Angola and Mozambique.
- English fluency is required for all locations.
- Ability to travel more than 50% time to Africa required, resident in host country preferred.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies