RIGGER – SIGUIRI (GUINEA)
The purpose of this role is to ensure all lifting operations and equipment is maintained at a high standard. All rigging personnel are trained and competent in lifting tasks. All lifting equipment is legally fit to operate with and procedures are introduced and maintained to do operations safely. The role also ensures safety and legal standards are maintained on all lifting operations. Ensure AGA standards are met.
Education & Qualification:
- Rigging qualifications and Certificates, legal declared as competent.
- Fitter and Turner qualifications constitute an added advantage.
- Competent to train and issue certificates for rigging operations.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Manage all rigging standards, processes, procedures, preventive maintenance, planned shut downs, breakdowns etc...
- Design and implement proactive maintenance strategies and programs
- Ensure there is always a critical parts analysis and inventory management.
- Initiate operational costs control and risk mitigating processes are always in place
- Train, develop, coach and mentor rigging staff.
- Ensure all environmental and safety standards are maintained at all times.
- 10 years’ experience as Rigger at a Supervisory level at a reputable Mining Company.
- Having worked in a foreign country would be an advantage.
- French language would be an advantage.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Understanding of Mining Risks and their implications.