Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Technical Advisor - Ancillary.
Reporting to the Supervisor - Ancillary, you will Improve the reliability and availability of the mobile maintenance team by building assessing and continuously improving the equipment availability.
- Assist to monitor condition of equipment.
- Carry out routine and statutory inspections.
- Assist to identify continuous improvement opportunities.
- Assist to measure and report overall maintenance performance
- Actively promote full cooperation between the maintenance and mining operation.
- Assist to prepare and control cost budgets for mobile maintenance teams.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improving of maintenance processes and systems.
- Cooperate with the maintenance planners regarding input schedules and accurate information.
- Maintain safe work procedures and promote high safety and health awareness. Promote and comply with the LMC Occupational Health & Safety Policy.
- Ensure the development and maintenance of up to date job procedures for all tasks performed within the function.
Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum Diploma in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering.
- Member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia
- Significant experience (10 years) in Heavy Earthmoving Equipment maintenance.
- Experience in large multi pit operations utilising large scale mining equipment.
- Good computer skills with the ability to use integrated management systems, word processing, presentation and spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to show initiative and have good interpersonal skills.
- Must have a current driver’s license.
MORE AND APPLY