- Position title: Administrative and finance officer - ETFO
- Grade: LP6
- Position N°: 50078496
- Reference: ADB/16/084
- Publication date: 26/07/2016
- Closing date: 14/08/2016
- Country: Ethiopia
The African Development Bank Country Office in Ethiopia (ETFO) has been established to strengthen dialogue between the Bank and the Government, development partners, the private sector, and civil society, in the design of its development policy and programs, as well as on implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the Government’s poverty reduction strategies. ETFO also seeks to assist the operational functions of the Bank Group in launching and follow up of projects and programs in Ethiopia with a view to enhancing portfolio quality, identification, promotion of participatory approach, and regional integration.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the administrative authority of the Resident Representative in consultation with the administrative units at Headquarters, the Administrative and Finance Officer will manage administrative services including accounting and budgeting, human resources, information technology and other administrative issues. The incumbent will act as administrative manager and carry out all financial, logistics and administrative activities in the Field Office (FO). He/She will provide line supervision to Administrative Assistants where they exist.
In close collaboration with his/her counterparts at Headquarters, the Administrative and Finance Officer will carry out his/her duties in strict compliance with the Bank's policies and guidelines. He/she will ensure the effective management of Bank resources, the Office's operational activities in keeping with procedures and the efficient use of resources. Other specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Budget preparation and implementation: Draw up administrative budget of the Field Office following the schedule set by the Budget Department; Contribute to the preparation of centralized budgets at headquarters to take into account the particular investment needs of the Field Office; Monitor expenditure in accordance with the Bank’s internal control rules and procedures; Report periodically on the status of the budget implementation and propose possible revisions.
- Financial management and reporting: Establish procedures and controls to improve efficiency of service and identify cost savings and promote efficient use of Bank resources; Provide guidance on accounting treatment and financial transactions with respect to ETFO; Advise management on methods to improve control environment in the Field Office; Check and approve the accounting entries in SAP; Review monthly financial report, timely preparation and verification of reports, statements and schedules for auditing of the Field Office activities.
- Human Resources Management: Submit reports on personnel management; Manage office staff benefits in accordance with the Human Resources policy and instructions in force; Assist the Resident Representative with consultant recruitment and staffing issues.
- General Administration & Procurement: Oversee institutional procurement of goods and services and management of property and equipment; Supervise procurement of goods and services in keeping with the Bank’s rules and procedures; Prepare and monitor service providers’ contracts; Ascertain sound stock keeping for office supplies and inventory of Bank property and equipment; Control the processing of mission expenditure advances and balances; Ensure the quality of Bank facilities in ETFO.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Hold at least a Master’s degree in Accountancy, Finance or Administration. Membership to an internationally recognized professional accounting body (CA, CPA, ACCA or Expert Comptable) would be an advantage.
- Have a minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience including 2 years of experience in an accounting firm or in an international/multinational financial organization, plus 2 years in a public or private sector organization.
- Have the capacity to work effectively in a team.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing, in English or French.
- Competency in the use of Microsoft standard software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project). Knowledge of SAP S/R would be an advantage.
NB: This Position does not attract international Terms and Conditions of Employment. Incumbents of the Position will be considered as Local Staff and will not have International Status.
To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.