Country Counsel and Corporate Secretary
Country Counsel Zambia – Provide legal support to the business in Zambia. As Corporate Secretary, – provide company secretarial support to the Board of CZL. Also as back-up in the EA Cluster Countries.
Country Legal counsel, reporting to the Cluster Counsel as part of the Cluster legal organisation. Provides legal advice and support to the business conducted by the country franchise in Zambia, with stretch assignment for provision of East Africa Cluster countries. Act as Company Secretary in conformance with the Bank of Zambia Corporate Governance Directives.
• Managing and providing legal advice, opinions and support.
• To organise and provide company secretarial services at meetings of the Board and shareholders of the bank and related services in conformance with the Bank of Zambia Corporate Governance Directives. To maintain the statutory records of the bank and ensure compliance with applicable regulatory provisions.
• Managing, drafting, amending and negotiating standard and non-standard legal documentation to conform to relevant rules, regulations, laws, policies and procedures, also supporting standardisation of Citi documentation.
• Where relevant, supervising and managing external counsel, litigation, potential litigation, disputes and complaints.
• Identifies, evaluates and manages strategic, legal, regulatory, franchise and governance matters.
• Manages, co-ordinates and, in co-operation with Compliance, identifies the impact of, and ensures compliance with, relevant policies, laws, and regulatory and supervisory requirements.
• Represents Citi in relevant external committees and industry organisations.
• Interacts with product lawyers, cluster lawyers, support functions and stakeholders on issues affecting the business conducted in the country franchise.
• Manages, proposes and take part in projects and initiatives affecting businesses in the Country, Cluster and Division.
• Manage, appoint, co-ordinate and evaluate external legal counsel.
• Manage and co-ordinate legal reporting.
• Manage, identify and evaluate legal and regulatory risk impacting on Citi and address and limit such risks.
• Keep management informed of laws and regulations that may impact on the business of the bank.
• In close coordination with Country Head and Finance, manage coordinate and supervise corporate governance processes and procedures, in accordance with Citi’s LEMP and CCO Handbook, local law and regulatory standards.
The person will, as part of the Cluster legal team, have the opportunity to gain knowledge and experience to Cluster related legal matters, local laws and jurisdictions, local regulators, processes and procedures, as well as Citi’s cross-border and international businesses and employees across the Division. As a member of the Cluster legal team there will be frequent interaction with internal departments, clients, peers and other lawyers.
• 4-6 years’ experience in a legal and banking environment
• Knowledge and experience in banking, corporate/commercial and civil law and employment law as well as familiarity with securities law and Regulatory Directives. (Must also be familiar with finance/lending and TTS related products.)
• Knowledge/ experience of Company Secretarial practice.
• Must be able to quickly acquire and apply knowledge of Citi’s policies and requirements.
• Transactional and advisory skills, including drafting.
• Experience in managing regulatory, franchise and governance matters.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Good interpersonal, presentation and negotiation skills.
• Creative and analytical thinking and attention to details.
• Planning and organisation skills.
• Knowledge and experience of corporate governance, legal and compliance issues
• Intellectual strength and sound judgment.
• Creative and analytical thinking and attention to details.
• Management, administration, research and negotiation skills
• The ability to accept high levels of responsibility and accountability
• Ability to work equally well alone and as part of a team
• Self-starter, well organized, able to prioritize, multi-task and work under pressure.
• Management, administration, research and negotiation
• Adaptability with the ability to escalate, share and accept high levels of responsibility and accountability.
• Fluent in English.
• At least 4 – 6 years of experience in the banking and financial services fields.
• Appropriate legal qualifications (at least an LLB or equivalent).
• LL.M is an advantage.
• Relevant Company Secretarial qualification applicable in Zambia.
• Locally qualified, and member of relevant professional body e.g. Law Association of Zambia (LAZ), Company Secretaries professional body, etc., as relevant. Competencies:
• Sound and proven knowledge and experience of the law in general.
• Building strong relationships
• Commercial acumen and awareness
• Integrity and Professionalism, Technical Ability
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
MORE AND APPLY
The Competition and Consumer Protection Commission (CCPC) is a statutory body established with a unique dual mandate to protect the c...
The Civil Service Commission invites applications from suitably qualified Zambian nationals to fill the position of Director – Human R...
NAPSA was formed to provide income security against the risk arising from retirement (old age), death and invalidity with a focus on ...
The INTERPOL General Secretariat employs approximately 800 staff members from 100 different countries. Staff are based at the main Se...
First National Bank (FNB) Zambia Ltd is a licensed Commercial Bank. Digital Marketing Specialist Responsibilities Assist in the...
The Zambia Development Agency (ZDA) was established in 2006 by an Act of Parliament and became operational in January 2007 after the ...
Investrust Bank Plc is a public limited liability company and is incorporated under the Companies Act of 1994. The Bank is licensed u...
First National Bank Zambia Ltd is a licensed Commercial Bank. Responsibilities Translate business priorities into delivery work st...
Mopany Copper Mine Plc, a joint venture company comprising major shareholders Glencore, First Quantum Minerals Ltd and ZCCM Investmen...
Administration Officer at Zoona If you love working in a dynamic environment where the demands are high, where you will be challen...
AB Bank Zambia Abt Associates ACC Anti Corruption Commission Zambia Access Bank Accountant Administration Afdb African Development Bank Agriculture Airtel Zambia Atlas Copco Zambia AU African Union Aviation Jobs AWF African Wildlife Foundation BancABC BANKING JOBS Barclays Bank Zambia Blantyre BOZ Bank of Zambia British Council in Zambia CARE INTERNATIONAL ZAMBIA Cavmont Bank Center for Infectious Disease Research in Zambia CHAI Clinton Health Access Initiative Chamber of Mines of Zambia Chibombo Chililabombwe Chingola Chipata Chirundu Choma Citibank Civil Engineer Climate Change and Environment COMESA Community Development Jobs Consultancy Copperbelt Copperbelt Energy Corporation Copperbelt University CRS Catholic Relief Services Customer Care Customer Support - Technical Support Danish Refugee Council DBZ DEVELOPMENT BANK OF ZAMBIA Democratic of the Congo Driver Jobs ECOBANK ZAMBIA Economist Education EGPAF Elizabeth Glazer Pediatric AIDS Foundation ELECTORAL COMMISSION OF ZAMBIA Electrical Engineering Environmental Jobs ERB Energy Regulation Board ESAMI Eastern and Southern African Management Institute FHI360 Finance Finca Malawi FINCA Zambia First Quantum Minerals Ltd FNB FIRST NATIONAL BANK ZAMBIA Food and Nutrition GOVERNMENT JOBS Graduate Trainee Health Hospitality Jobs HPCZ Health Professions Council of Zambia Human Resources Human Rights ICT JOBS Insurance Jobs Internship IRC International Rescue Committee Islamic Relief Jhpiego Kabwe Kalulushi Kalumbila Kasama Kasumbalesa Kitwe Konkola Copper Mines plc Lecturer Legal Aid Board Legal Jobs Librarian Lilongwe Livingstone LMC Lumwana Mining Company Limited Lubambe Copper Mine Limited Lumwana Lusaka Lusaka University Maamba Collieries Limited Malawi Jobs Marie Stopes Zambia Marketing Mazabuka Mechanical Engineering MEDIA AND COMMUNICATIONS MEDICAL STORES LIMITED Mining Jobs Ministry of Gender and Child Development Ministry of local government and housing MKUSHI Mongu Monitoring and Evaluation Mopani Copper Mines PLC MPIKA MTN Zambia MU MULUNGUSHI UNIVERSITY Mufulira NAPSA National Pension Scheme Authority National Airports Corporation National Milling Corporation NCC NATIONAL COUNCIL FOR CONSTRUCTION Ndola NEPAD NFNC National Food and Nutrition Commission NGO JOBS NHA National Housing Authority NLACW National Legal Aid Clinic for Women NPA National Prosecution Authority NRFA National Road Fund Agency NU Northrise University OXFAM PACRA Patents and Companies Registration Agency PACT PATH INTERNATIONAL PC Population Council Peace Corps Zambia PIA Pensions and Insurance Authority Plan International Procurement Jobs Project Manager PSI Puma Energy International Purchasing - Supplies Manager PwC RDA Road Development Agency Records Management Research Restless Development Rural Electrification Authority SADC Southern African Development Community Sales Sandvik Save the Children SCHOLARSHIPS Security Jobs SNV ZAMBIA Solwezi Standard Chartered Bank Statistician SUPPLY CHAIN Teaching Jobs Telecommunications The World Bank UN United Nations UNDP UNICEF UNZA University of Zambia US Embassy in Zambia USAID Zambia Veterinary Council of Zambia Volunteering VSO Voluntary Service Overseas WaterAid Zambia WFP World Food Programme WHO World Health Organization Workers Compensation Fund World Vision WWSC Western Water and Sewerage Company Zambia Banks Zambia Breweries Plc Zambia Catholic University Zambia Red Cross Society Zambia Sugar Plc Zamtel Zanaco Zambia National Commercial Bank ZAWA Zambia Wildlife Authority ZDA Zambia Development Agency ZEMA Zambia Environmental Management Agency ZESCO Zambia Electricity Supply Corporation Limited ZICA Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants ZICTA Zambia Information n Communications Technology Authority Zimbabwe ZIPAR Zambia Institute for Policy Analysis and Research ZNBS ZAMBIA NATIONAL BUILDING SOCIETY ZRA Zambia Revenue Authority ZTB Zambia Tourism Board ZWMA Zambia Weights and Measure Agency