Legacy Lodge is a high end facility that offers conference/banqueting amenities, accommodation and
meals among other hospitality services. We aim for excellence in the delivery of our services.
Suitably qualified individuals are invited to apply for the following position:
POSITION TITLE: Groups Coordinator -Banquet Sales & Catering
REPORTS TO: Food & Beverage Manager
Responsible to meet, make introduction and ensure that all arrangement and requirements are
gathered with the group host prior to function. Read and analyze Banquet event order (BEO) /
Accommodation Requirements (AR) / Banquet Function Plan (FP) in order to gather guests
requirements, determine proper set up, buffet, audio visuals, time line and also give attention to any
special guest needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Establish and improve the reputation of the Lodge by offering a very personalized style of service as
per the Lodge standard operating procedures.
2. Timely attend all the telephone calls using clear and professional language, and answer telephones
using appropriate telephone etiquette.
3. Answer phone, direct to appropriate person and / or take messages.
4. Assist with typing of the Banquet and Sales correspondence, i.e. answering mail, confirming banquet
arrangements, menus, BEO, FP,AP memos etc.
5. Promptly respond to all inquiries.
6. Compose, publish and distribute Banquet event order (BEO) / Banquet Function Plan
(FP)/Accommodation Rooming lists to all department heads and personnel who are involved in servicing
7. Work with management and other heads of departments at all times and assist in carrying out special
requirements and duties necessary in adding to the guests general comfort and well being.
8. Distribute promptly to all departments about notice of any change in the Banquet event order (BEO) /
Banquet Function Plan (FP) or Rooming Lists.
9. Prepare signage and menu items for all banquet events function.
10. Study requirements of all booked banquets and functions to familiarize and ascertain the possibility
of selling additional facilities, to produce extra revenue.
11. Sending Banquet event proposals to the guests and being in timely contact with them.
12. Call customers to remind before for cut-off dates.
13. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, and support team to reach
14. Ensure prompt responses for all enquiry through telephone and emails.
15. Ensure that all the administrative documents are prepared for the Lodge sales team.
16. Act as a liaison between all related lodge departments and host of the function.
17. Ensure orders and requisitions for the Catering and Banquet departments are completed.
18. Responsible to attend periodic sales meetings and circulate minutes of the meetings and regular
19. Respond and act upon any special requirement which function host had requested.
20. Maintaining the entire sales correspondence data base.
21. Maintain departmental reports and procedures.
22. Maintain all client information and folders.
23. Coordinate with Banquet operations on a timely basis to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
24. Updating DSR (Daily sales Report) and revenue projection on a daily bases.
25. Update Catering and Banquets calendar on the Sales and Catering software.
26. Perform all duties as deemed necessary for the success of the department.
courteous, polite and well-spoken
highly efficient and has excellent organizational skill
passion for providing the highest standards of service to the guests
Helpful and approachable
ability to promote Lodge catering and events facilities and maximize sales opportunities at all
Possess excellent customer care and interpersonal skills
Excellent communication skills
Bachelor of Hotel Management or Degree in Hospitality/Tourism/Hotel Management, Marketing
or equivalent. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
Experience in Property Management Software's, Opera Sales and Catering an added advantage.
Minimum 1 to 2 years work experience as a Sales Coordinator or Banquet Coordinator
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or delivered to Plot No. 78/100 Off lake Road, Ibex Hill, Lusaka. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for receiving applications is 9th Sep, 2016.
The Civil Service Commission invites applications from suitably qualified serving officers to fill vacant positions in the Ministry ...
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced applicants to fill the following vacant positions the Administrat...
Zambezi River Authority is seeking highly motivated, suitably qualified and experienced Zambian nationals to fill vacancies in Dam Sa...
Job Title: Product Analyst Responsibilities Participate in developing new products and services, portal and device. Partici...
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organisation that advances children’s rights and...
Zambia National Commercial Bank Plc (Zanaco) is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the fo...
Our client an International NGO has engaged us to help them source for top local talent in the NGO sector to fill the following va...
The Pan African University is a scholarship awarding institution to students in Africa and the African diaspora. The proposed stipend...
Do you want to make a difference? Do you want to improve the lives of the poor? If so we want to hear from you. WorldFish , a...
THE BANK: Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting econom...
AB Bank Zambia Abt Associates ACC Anti Corruption Commission Zambia Access Bank Accountant Administration Afdb African Development Bank Agriculture Airtel Zambia Atlas Copco Zambia AU African Union Aviation Jobs AWF African Wildlife Foundation BancABC BANKING JOBS Barclays Bank Zambia Blantyre BOZ Bank of Zambia British Council in Zambia CARE INTERNATIONAL ZAMBIA Cavmont Bank Center for Infectious Disease Research in Zambia CHAI Clinton Health Access Initiative Chamber of Mines of Zambia Chibombo Chililabombwe Chingola Chipata Chirundu Choma Citibank Civil Engineer Climate Change and Environment COMESA Community Development Jobs Consultancy Copperbelt Copperbelt Energy Corporation Copperbelt University CRS Catholic Relief Services Customer Care Customer Support - Technical Support Danish Refugee Council DBZ DEVELOPMENT BANK OF ZAMBIA Democratic of the Congo Driver Jobs ECOBANK ZAMBIA Economist Education EGPAF Elizabeth Glazer Pediatric AIDS Foundation ELECTORAL COMMISSION OF ZAMBIA Electrical Engineering Environmental Jobs ERB Energy Regulation Board ESAMI Eastern and Southern African Management Institute FHI360 Finance Finca Malawi FINCA Zambia First Quantum Minerals Ltd FNB FIRST NATIONAL BANK ZAMBIA Food and Nutrition GOVERNMENT JOBS Graduate Trainee Health Hospitality Jobs HPCZ Health Professions Council of Zambia Human Resources Human Rights ICT JOBS Insurance Jobs Internship IRC International Rescue Committee Islamic Relief Jhpiego Kabwe Kalulushi Kalumbila Kasama Kasumbalesa Kitwe Konkola Copper Mines plc Lecturer Legal Aid Board Legal Jobs Librarian Lilongwe Livingstone LMC Lumwana Mining Company Limited Lubambe Copper Mine Limited Lumwana Lusaka Lusaka University Maamba Collieries Limited Malawi Jobs Marie Stopes Zambia Marketing Mazabuka Mechanical Engineering MEDIA AND COMMUNICATIONS MEDICAL STORES LIMITED Mining Jobs Ministry of Gender and Child Development Ministry of local government and housing MKUSHI Mongu Monitoring and Evaluation Mopani Copper Mines PLC MPIKA MTN Zambia MU MULUNGUSHI UNIVERSITY Mufulira NAPSA National Pension Scheme Authority National Airports Corporation National Milling Corporation NCC NATIONAL COUNCIL FOR CONSTRUCTION Ndola NEPAD NFNC National Food and Nutrition Commission NGO JOBS NHA National Housing Authority NLACW National Legal Aid Clinic for Women NPA National Prosecution Authority NRFA National Road Fund Agency NU Northrise University OXFAM PACRA Patents and Companies Registration Agency PACT PATH INTERNATIONAL PC Population Council Peace Corps Zambia PIA Pensions and Insurance Authority Plan International Procurement Jobs Project Manager PSI Puma Energy International Purchasing - Supplies Manager PwC RDA Road Development Agency Records Management Research Restless Development Rural Electrification Authority SADC Southern African Development Community Sales Sandvik Save the Children SCHOLARSHIPS Security Jobs SNV ZAMBIA Solwezi Standard Chartered Bank Statistician SUPPLY CHAIN Teaching Jobs Telecommunications The World Bank UN United Nations UNDP UNICEF UNZA University of Zambia US Embassy in Zambia USAID Zambia Veterinary Council of Zambia Volunteering VSO Voluntary Service Overseas WaterAid Zambia WFP World Food Programme WHO World Health Organization Workers Compensation Fund World Vision WWSC Western Water and Sewerage Company Zambia Banks Zambia Breweries Plc Zambia Catholic University Zambia Red Cross Society Zambia Sugar Plc Zamtel Zanaco Zambia National Commercial Bank ZAWA Zambia Wildlife Authority ZDA Zambia Development Agency ZEMA Zambia Environmental Management Agency ZESCO Zambia Electricity Supply Corporation Limited ZICA Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants ZICTA Zambia Information n Communications Technology Authority Zimbabwe ZIPAR Zambia Institute for Policy Analysis and Research ZNBS ZAMBIA NATIONAL BUILDING SOCIETY ZRA Zambia Revenue Authority ZTB Zambia Tourism Board ZWMA Zambia Weights and Measure Agency