Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of It Support Intern.
The interns will be reporting to the IT Service Delivery Coordinator. The interns will undergo intensive training to equip them with technical skills for analysing end user software and hardware requirements, supporting business information systems and performing all installations and rollouts of desktops, laptops and mobile devices to approved employees/contractors and visitors as and when required. Through mentoring and coaching, they will be required to perform duties which will include, but not be limited to the following:
· Support the IT Service Delivery team to ensure that user issues are resolved in a timely manner.
· Offer 1st and 2nd level technical support to end users with best customer care practices
· Analyze user and network requirements and implementing changes as and when approved.
· Desktop, laptop, tablets and Mobile phone standard set up , roll out, support and servicing
· IT Asset Management
· Support business applications
· Manage all end user needs e.g. equipment problems and other IT related issues.
· Supporting other IT staff in providing a reliable and efficient user, network and IT environment.
· Performing IT General Controls (ITGC) audits and ensuring compliance to SOX, ZICTA act and other best practices
Experience & Qualifications
· Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or equivalent qualification.
· Experience with Microsoft Windows Operating System, Programming and Databases
· ITIL, Comptia A+ and N+ Certified will be added advantage.
· Good communication skills.
· Ability to work in a team.
· Willingness to learn.
· Good computer skills with the ability to use integrated management systems, word processing, presentation and spreadsheet applications.